Friday 3 January 2014

An Open Letter to Morrissey


Dear Morrissey, 
                          
                        I’m going to be honest and say that I’ve never really liked the cut of your jib, you’re really self righteous and while you seem to be on the liberal “Free speech” end of the spectrum you’re incredibly fond of telling people how they “should” behave and seem to genuinely enjoy judging folk. This letter shall be a short one, as I’m not one for long winded pontificating unlike you. You recently said in an interview  

"I see no difference between eating animals and paedophilia. They are both rape, violence, murder. If I’m introduced to anyone who eats beings, I walk away.” 

here’s my question:

I am currently eating a steak (it’s rare with mustard and very yummy) my mother was repeatedly raped as a child by her uncle… am I just as bad as my great uncle Percy? 

I was a vegetarian for 11 years, mainly because my father’s an autistic man and enjoyed the attention having a vegetarian child brought him during air travel, does that make me better than the man who raped my mother when she was a young child because I abstained?

I’m sure you have answers, what with your massive intelligence… I don’t know if you have any experience of child abuse, surely you do or you wouldn’t have made such a massive statement about paedophilia and how it’s comparable to eating meat. 

Yours 
Ashley Storrie. 

P.S Here's a joke..

Why was the Vegan a vegan?

he wasn't getting enough attention being a vegetarian... 

P.P.S When I meet aged pop stars who compare child abuse to things not like child abuse I don't walk away... I call them Pricks... I hope we meet... or should I say MEAT (HA) one day. 

3 comments:

  1. Spot-on Ashley!!

    Stu ( a veggie who's not a prick, ... or a Morrisey fan)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surely its up to every individual if they think one thing is badder than another.
    Maybe all bad things are equally bad, maybe the cow killed so you kid eat steak felt as bad as any victim of abuse feels.
    Some people who feel really strongly about animals being killed don't understand how society can feel repulsion at some human acts but not others, maybe that was morriseys point. Also some people have sex with animals, that is weird.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like there's a lot of talk about walking going on... and yet much more car use actualy happening.

    ReplyDelete